Terms and Conditions
Capstone Turbine Corporation’s Official Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.
- Eligibility: Capstone Turbine Corporation’s (“Capstone”) “Are You An Energy Boomer” Quiz (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to those who submit a fully completed quiz entry at www.ShiftToGreen.com between March 2, 2021 to September 26, 2021 and who are 18 years of age as of the date of entry. The sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Capstone Turbine Corporation (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Only one entry per household.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Capstone, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any social media platforms, this includes Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted starting on March 2, 2021 and ending on September 26, 2021.
- How to Enter: Sweepstakes participants must visit www.ShiftToGreen.com and fully complete the “Are You An Energy Boomer?” quiz and complete the entry submission form between March 2, 2021 to September 26, 2021. The participant must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Capstone. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. Only one entry per household. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple accounts, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Capstone.
- Prizes: Subject to availability, Sweepstakes participants will receive (1) 1:64th No. 29 Andretti Steinbrenner Autosport #ShiftToGreen diecast. Approximate value equals $5.00. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. Additional expenses incurred are solely the winner’s responsibility. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment/sale of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes Official Terms and Conditions permission for Capstone to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: Capstone has allocated (1000) 1:64th No. 29 Andretti Steinbrenner Autosport #ShiftToGreen diecasts for the promotion. Prizes are subject to availability and will be allocated on a first-come-first served basis.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected on a first-come-first served basis, with those that complete the questionnaire first being given priority to win a prize. Winners will be notified through the email address and/or phone number provided on the entry form on www.ShiftToGreen.com. Capstone shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 3 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Capstone, anyone acting on behalf of Capstone, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: Capstone reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Capstone may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Capstone. Capstone reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Capstone has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void an entry for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules, multiple entries from the same Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram or any social media account, or same-household entries in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Capstone reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Capstone and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States of America AND the State of California, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the State of California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.